PTA AGM 2023
On 21st September 2023, the PTFA Annual General Meeting took place at St Gregory's Primary School. Please see below for the minutes of the meeting.
We're always looking for people to get involved in the PTFA, so if you have any time and/or ideas to spare, please let us know!
The PTFA raises thousands of pounds a year to help enrich our children's experience of school. Purchases include:
- several outdoor picnic tables with sun umbrellas along with outdoor picnic blankets
- a fully-integrated multimedia sound system in the hall for e.g. Christmas and Summer performances
- a new Guided Reading Scheme for KS1
- helping to update the school environment with Mission Statement and Gospel Value phrases
- subsidising school trips for all our children
The PTFA organise a range of activities which generate both monetary but also community capital; sometimes it's good just to get together! School Discos, Summer Fairs, Cake Sales, Cinema Nights are just some of the events we have held in the past.
Another activity which the PTFA support which is of great benefit to our school is organising car parking on the school playground for Preston North End home matches. An annual permit is £80, which includes all home games and FA Cup matches. To park as a one off, we ask for £3 per game. We're always looking for volunteers to help with this great money-spinner so please get involved!